Fayette County Farm to School
The Fayette County Farm to School program is committed to Kentucky farmers and our local community. Our goal is to bring the freshness and quality of Kentucky Proud products to Fayette County schools. We hope that our collaborative efforts help kids to grow into healthier adults who are educated about local food production and who demand local food products.
Fayette County Farm to School empowers youth to make healthy lifestyle choices by promoting the benefits of consuming locally grown and produced foods.
- Fayette County Child Nutrition (Food Service)
- Fayette County Public School Energy and Sustainability Office
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department
- University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension
- Bluegrass Farm to Table / Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government
- Locust Trace Agriscience Center
- Community Volunteers
Farm to School Resource Links:
- National Farm to School Network
- Farm to School Kentucky Department of Agriculture
- Farm to School KY Dept. of Agriculture Handbook
- Farm to Preschool Fact Sheet
Farm to School Lesson PowerPoint Presentations (written at a fourth-grade level)